Thursday, October 9, 2008

Paramedics for the Dead



Weirdness I ran into while looking for other weirdness:

PARAMEDICS/EMTs

We have an ongoing need for licensed paramedics and emergency medical technicians to join our network of Regional Transport Teams. Currently, our need is in California, Arizona, Florida, and Texas. Your participation would be on a contract basis. If selected, you will be given cryonics training that will enable you to participate in our rescue and patient transport cases. Licensed professionals do not have to be members to work with us. We welcome your expertise and interest. Applicants should email their resume to employment@alcor.org.

EMTs and paramedics for dead people? Who is their medical director? Jack Kevorkian? Alcor? Aren't these the nuts that froze Ted Williams head (after he died) so they can bring him back in case the Boston Red Sox need a helping hand? I can hear the Fenway Park announcer now, "Now playing in left field is Ted Williams. Ted has humber 9 on the lobster pot containing his frozen head. He is hitless in 364 innings since his death. But, Manager Tony Francona feels Williams is on the cusp of a rally"

If I were an EMT, I would not touch this deal with a 10 foot pole covered with a bull's condom. I have seen some weird stuff in my day (like O.J. getting convicted), but this is way up there on my weird shit meter.

3 comments: